Undeb Bangor (Bangor Students’ Union)
Undeb Bangor is your Students’ Union and to help you get the best from us and to understand our responsibilities, and your responsibilities to us, please read these terms and conditions. Please remember that if you sign up to any other events or facilities extra terms and conditions may apply.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please get in touch through email@example.com or speak to us at our Student Centre on the 4th Floor of Pontio.
Our Terms and Conditions
All members and their guests must keep to the same terms and conditions.
Definitions that apply:
- You - the member including associate members
- We and Us – Undeb Bangor
- Undeb Facilities - all buildings, facilities and surrounding support areas where activity takes place
- Guests - individuals who use Undeb’s facilities on a one-off or short-term basis, including visitors, conference guests or staff
Responsibilities of Members
As a member you will be individually responsible under this agreement. This means that:
- you are the only person who will be able to tell us to do anything in relation to your membership;
- membership of Clubs and Societies is free, but;
you will be responsible for paying any extra charges and fees for using the facilities,
equipment and services that are not covered by your membership fee;
- you must keep to the rules and regulations for using the facilities set out in these
terms and conditions .
- you must abide by the Undeb Bangor Members’ Code of Conduct
You must comply with all of our reasonable instructions and requests from time to time. You must not (and must ensure your guests, do not):
- carry on any conduct which is inappropriate or which might annoy or put other visitors to Undeb Bangor in danger;
- carry on any conduct or behaviour that is not in line with the rules and regulations of Undeb Bangor or that causes damage to equipment or facilities;
You must (and must ensure that your guests do):
- leave each part of Undeb Bangor facilities that you have used in a tidy and orderly condition.
- carry out and observe all instructions relating to the use of Undeb Bangor facilities and your behaviour or conduct.
- treat other members, staff and visitors with dignity and respect
Membership of Clubs and Societies
Membership of Undeb Bangor is automatic for all students at Bangor University. There is no fee.
- Your membership will end automatically on July 31st of each year (or upon removal of student status by Bangor University), and you will have to sign up for a new membership should you wish to continue in the following year. If you wish to end your membership this can be done either by instruction to the relevant Student Officer or through confirmation to the Student Centre.
- We may end your membership in line with a decision handed against you through our Disciplinary Procedures. Please see the Undeb Bangor Bye-Laws for full information on this.
- Associate members will be required to submit an application to the Student Centre, in accordance with the Undeb Bangor Bye-Laws
We will use our reasonable endeavours to provide any Services with reasonable care and skill. Where you use any Services you must be honest and truthful with the service provider. We will not be responsible for any injury or damage which occurs because you have not told the advisor or have not followed their advice or instructions.
Some services are occasionally made available within Undeb facilities but are provided by our third party associates. Those services are subject to the third party’s own terms and conditions. The terms and conditions which apply to any third parties will be made available by the service provider at the point of delivery. Please make yourself aware of these third party terms and conditions before you use these particular services. We are not responsible or liable to you in any way for any services provided by a third party.
We will not be liable for any accident, injury, loss or damage you suffer in carrying out an action against our instruction, advice, or against your medical practitioner’s medical advice. You carry out these actions at your own risk.
If you or your guest suffers any accident, injury or death on the premises as a direct result of our negligence or our failure to take responsible care, we will compensate you for any proven losses which you or your guest suffer as a result of this, in which event the limit of liability in the above clause will not apply.
We do not accept liability for theft, loss or damage to your property (or a guest’s property) that may happen on the premises, except where any theft, loss or damage occurs as a direct result of our negligence or our failure to take responsible care.
Notwithstanding the above, if we are found to be liable to you for any losses, damage or compensation under this agreement (whether as a result of our breach of this agreement or otherwise), our total liability to you shall be limited to the amount of your membership fee for the current term of your membership. We will not be liable for you for any type of loss or damage that does not occur as a direct result of our breach of this agreement, or negligence or our failure to take responsible care.
Complaints and Feedback
We are committed to making sure our members and visitors are satisfied with the service we provide, but we are realistic enough to know that things always go according to plan all the time. If you or your guests have a complaint, we want to know about it as soon as possible so that we may fully investigate it and sort the matter out.
If you have a complaint, you should first tell a member of Undeb Bangor staff. If you are not satisfied with the response, you should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your complaint. Details of our Complaints Procedure can be found online.
Using Undeb Bangor Facilities
These rules apply to all our members, their guests and visitors to Undeb Bangor. They are necessary to make sure we can offer an enjoyable safe environment for all facility users.
All facility users must also take note and comply with the signs and notices placed around Undeb Bangor space and other designated Undeb Bangor activity space. They form part of our contract with you.
General Health & Safety and Rules
We do not allow pets (except when used for assistance).
To protect the safety of all members, staff and visitors please pay attention to all signs and notices. Fire exits are clearly marked. If there is a fire or if you hear a fire alarm, you should make your way out of the building through the nearest possible exit to the advertised assembly point.
If you suffer an injury or accident, you must report it and the circumstances to which it occurred to the Student Centre.
You must not:
- sell or attempt to sell or promote any goods, services, articles, or equipment without the express permission of Undeb Bangor.
- put up any notices or decorations (internal or external) without the express permission of Undeb Bangor.
- take photographs at or in Undeb Bangor, or arrange for any filming, or televising of any activity therein without the express permission of Undeb Bangor.
You should respect members, staff and other users, at all times and treat them with dignity. This means respecting their rights, treating them fairly, being mindful of them when expressing your views, treating them with courtesy and good manners. Please respect the authority of members of staff and their reasonable decisions.
Do not use rude or offensive language particularly within the earshot of other members or guests.
Racial or sexual harassment will not be tolerated in any circumstances. Discrimination, bullying, harassment or victimisation on the grounds of gender, age, race, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or other beliefs will not be tolerated. Please see our Zero Tolerance Policy for more information.
Examples of harassment and bullying are where others are behaving in an unwanted, unsolicited and unwelcome manner that is offensive or intimidating to you, or are behaving in an offensive, abusive, intimidating, malicious or insulting manner which makes you feel upset, threatened, humiliated or vulnerable.
Discrimination means treating another person less favourably on the grounds of gender, age, race, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or other beliefs.
If you feel that you, another member, a member of staff or a visitor is being subjected to harassment, bullying, discrimination, a lack of dignity and respect, or violence in any form, including those mentioned above, you are encouraged to challenge or report this.
You should not feel that you have to tolerate this behaviour and if at all possible you should make it clear to the person causing the offence that such behaviour is unacceptable to you. Where you do not feel comfortable doing this, or it is not appropriate, we would strongly encourage you to the issue or seek advice or support from a member of staff or an Undeb Bangor Sabbatical Officer as soon as possible.
If You Break These Rules
If you are a member of an associate member, Undeb Bangor will enact our Disciplinary Procedures and in the case of visitors they will be asked to leave the building.
Hiring Undeb Bangor Facilities
These terms and conditions apply when making a booking to use part of the Undeb Bangor facilities such as a meeting room or a rehearsal space or ask to hire any part of the facilities to hold an event
Our meeting rooms and social facilities are available for hire for one-off or regular activities or for special events.
All Bookings for hire of our space must be made to our Student Centre, either in person, by telephone or through our website.
All Bookings are subject to our written confirmation. This means that we will not guarantee any Booking until we have received the full information for the Booking and a confirmation e-mail has been sent to you.
We reserve the right in our absolute discretion, at any time, to:
- refuse any application to hire Facilities .
- refuse admission to any person or organisation.
- evict any person from the Facilities.
Risk, Indemnity and Insurance
Your use of the facilities is entirely at your own risk.
- You are solely responsible for ensuring the facilities are suitable for the activity or event. We do not provide any warranty, representation or undertaking as to the quality, fitness for purpose or suitability of the Facilities provided under this Agreement, except that that we shall use our reasonable endeavours to provide any such Facilities with a reasonable degree of skill, care and diligence.
- You are solely responsible for the safety of all persons who attend your activity or event. Your Activity or Event will not be supervised by any safety personnel, unless specified and agreed in your booking request and our confirmation. Undeb Bangor shall not be held responsible for the death or personal injury of anyone attending an Activity or Event unless such death or personal injury is caused by or arising out of the negligence or breach of statutory duty by Undeb Bangor or its employees or agents.
- You shall indemnify Undeb Bangor against all losses, costs, claims and damages which may be made against us or them (including without limitation claims by any person attending your Activity or Event) in respect of your use of our Facilities or resulting from your breach of this Agreement. You must have appropriate insurance cover in place against these risks.
Our Liability to You
This paragraph sets out our entire liability to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for our breach of this Agreement or any negligence or wilful misconduct by us or our staff. Nothing in this agreement shall limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our staff or agents; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other act, omission, or liability which may not be limited or excluded by law.
Subject to the paragraph above if we are found to be liable to you for any losses, damage or compensation in connection with your Booking (whether as a result of our breach of this section of the agreement or otherwise), our total liability to you shall be limited to the total Charges paid or payable by you in relation to the Booking. We will not be liable for you for any type of loss or damage that does not occur as a direct result of our breach of this agreement, or negligence or our failure to take responsible care.
We shall not have any liability to you for any loss of profit, business, opportunity, reputation or goodwill, or for any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with this agreement or your Booking of the Facilities.
Except as expressly provided for in this agreement all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from this Agreement.
Proper Use of the Facilities
You are not permitted to carry out any alteration to any building hired to you or to change or alter any fixtures, fittings, floor markings, decorations or equipment hired to you without our prior written approval.
You are responsible for, and shall carry out with reasonable skill, care and diligence:
- the administration, organisation and running of your Activity or Event and you must comply with conditions laid down by us. If you want us to organise a special event for you, this will be subject to a separate contract.
- the effective supervision and control of all attendees and the maintenance of good order. leaving the premises in a clean and tidy condition. If you do not do this to our satisfaction, we shall charge you for the cost of any necessary additional cleaning.
- ensuring that there are sufficient stewards and officials on hand during the period of hire to ensure full compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation, including an appropriate number of first aiders if required.
- ensuring that all accidents are reported straight away to Undeb Bangor staff on duty.
You must pay for all damage caused to the facilities or any of our property as the result of the Booking.
We are not liable for any accident, injury, loss or damage you, or any of your attendees, first aiders, stewards, or supervisors suffer as a result of your failure to use the facilities properly.
Hires are Non-Transferable
Your right under this agreement to hire or book our Facilities and any Equipment is not transferable. You must not hire the Facilities or any Equipment to any other person or organisation.
You may not use in your publicity the Undeb Bangor name or logos without our prior approval in writing.
We do not expect you to take inappropriate pictures of your Activities or Events, and if you use an appropriate picture of your Event or Activity in public, you should ensure it does not have any adverse reputational impact on Undeb Bangor
We may request to take photographs of your Activities or Events. If we do so, we will obtain all appropriate consent from you and any attendees of your event before doing so.
Gaming and Lotteries
No betting, gambling or gaming is permitted on the premises.
Broadcasting or Television
You may not grant sound or television broadcasting or filming rights without prior consent in writing from Undeb Bangor
Alcohol may only be consumed with the express permission of Undeb Bangor
All property belonging to you or your visitors is brought on to the campus entirely your own risk. Groups and organisations are responsible for the security of all property or valuable possessions brought onto Undeb Bangor premises and are advised to arrange separate insurances for such property and valuable possessions.
Disclosure and Barring Service
It is the responsibility of all groups and organisations accompanying children and vulnerable adults, using Undeb Bangor Facilities, to comply with legislation governing the protection of such persons. By making the booking you agree that:
- That appropriate Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks have been conducted in relation to all staff and/or volunteers accompanying children or vulnerable adults while on Undeb Bangor premises; and
- No person whose checks indicate that he or she is unsuitable to work with children or vulnerable adults will be included in any activities taking place.
Undeb Bangor has an Exteral Speakers Policy which covers any speakers invited to any Undeb Bangor event or any non- Undeb Bangor event taking place in an Undeb Bangor space. The organiser must inform of us of who is attending including brief biography and what they will be speaking on. There is no exception to the rules stated in the External Speakers Policy
All messages sent to a discussion will require your username and password, chosen at time of registration. Do not represent yourself as another person.
Use of Language
Messages should not be malicious or designed to offend. In particular, the use of swear words or undue profanity is discouraged. By participating in any discussion, you undertake to indemnify us and our staff and sub-contractors against any liability arising from any obscene, defamatory, seditious, blasphemous or other actionable statement published by you on this site and against all damages, losses, claims and costs (including, without limitation, fines and expenses arising out of or incurred in conducting or defending any proceedings) arising from any such actionable statements.
Conduct of Discussion
The Discussion Forum is intended primarily for topics relating to Undeb Bangor and for the discussion of items of membership interest. Please try to keep to the topic.
Your message should be within the scope of the subject under discussion. If you make a contribution that is inappropriate to the subject under discussion, you may be directed by the Moderator not to raise the matter further or to raise it within a separate discussion group.
No reference should be made to the personality of other participants in a discussion, nor should attacks be made on an individual's character unless the person concerned has already chosen to bring his or her personality into the issue under discussion.
One-to-one arguments, disagreements and disputes of a personal nature must be conducted through private Email and not through public discussion.
You should remember that you are legally responsible for what you write. By participating in a discussion, you undertake to indemnify us and our employees and sub-contractors against any liability arising from any breach of confidentiality, copyright or other intellectual property right published by you on this site and against all damages, losses, claims and costs (including, without limitation, all expenses incurred in conducting or defending any proceedings) arising from any such publication. You must not make statements that are libellous, obscene, seek to incite racial hatred or otherwise break the laws of the United Kingdom.
Private Email and Club / Society emails
If a person has sent you a private e-mail, you may not forward it to a public discussion group without the prior consent of the person who sent it. This does not prevent you forwarding private e-mail to the Discussion Administrator should you consider this appropriate. Any contact information you may be granted access to on the site should remain within it and not used for any other external emailing purposes. Any unauthorised attempt to extract or expose personal information for use outside of the Portal system will be subject to our disciplinary procedures.
Advertising and Research
Advertising and Research will only be accepted when operated by or approved by Undeb Bangor.
Complaints about a Breach of these Rules
Complaints about a breach of these Rules should ONLY be made by private e-mail to the Union Operations Manager in the first instance. Timely and appropriate action with regard to the complaint will be taken.
Deliberate Abuse and / or Misuse of the Portal
Any attempt to circumvent or manipulate access rights to the portal will be treated as a disciplinary offence and treated in accordance with our disciplinary procedures. Your access to this site is granted to you as an individual and your login details should be treated as strictly private and confidential. It is a disciplinary offence to share your access details with other users. Should you suspect that your account is being used by another person, you should change your password immediately and contact the Student Centre
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information displayed on this site, no warranty or representation is given as to its quality, accuracy or completeness. It is the responsibility of the user to judge the accuracy of information before relying on it in any way. Undeb Bangor will accept no responsibility for any loss or damage of whatever nature arising from the use of, or inability to use, this site, or from any error or omission in information contained in the site.
Undeb Bangor reserves the right to amend or otherwise alter the information displayed on this site. Whilst every effort is made to ensure this site provides a safe environment for all visitors, the dynamic and open nature of areas such as the discussion forums and noticeboards prevent Undeb Bangor from monitoring all content posted here. Content of a questionable nature should be reported through email@example.com
Any links to other websites provided by this website have been included for convenience only, and Undeb Bangor accepts no responsibility or liability for the contents of any linked website. Undeb Bangor is not responsible for the content of third party sites. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Undeb Bangor of any linked website or its provider.
Copyright in the content of the site and Undeb Bangor, logos and brands contained in the site belongs to Bangor Students’ Union. Users are permitted to download and store (on a temporary basis) any of the contents of this site, provided this is solely to view such contents using a personal computer. Users are forbidden to permanently copy or store or in any way redistribute the contents of this site unless explicitly authorised to do so
These terms and conditions apply at all times and take priority over anything that a member of our team has told you.
These terms and conditions replace any previous versions. From time to time we may change any of these terms and conditions as they apply to your membership, to purchases or use of Undeb Bangor facilities, because of changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements, or to reflect changes in the way we operate.
Undeb Bangor (Bangor Students’ Union)
Registered as a Company in England & Wales
Registered office: 4th Floor, Pontio, Deiniol Road, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2TQ
To contact Undeb Bangor, you can write to us at the above registered address, or find e-mail address and phone numbers through www.undebbangor.com