Undeb Bangor awards the Green Fund grant in support of Bangor University students who submit a project idea aimed at environmental work which can create volunteering opportunities in the local area.
Undeb Bangor is looking to give away £500 to fund ideas that you have, to establish a number of new environmental projects and events for students to get involved with. The Green Fund will be open from Wednesday 31st January 2018 and close on Wednesday 14th February 2018 at 12:00 pm. If you have an idea which meets the criteria (see below), please complete the application form here.
All applications will be reviewed by the Green Fund Panel on the week of Monday the 19th February.
What we fund:
- Applications from Bangor University students
- Projects or events aimed at improving the environment of the local community
- Projects or events aimed at capital improvement at a single site or multi-site venues in one of the following categories;
- Outdoor spaces e.g. public parks, nature reserves, community gardens, footpaths, cycle paths, University campus
- Play and recreation areas e.g. skate parks, multi-use gym areas, school playgrounds
- One-off events which involve volunteer work
- Long term projects with the capacity to develop volunteering opportunities on a regular/semi-regular basis
- Projects or events that will commence in the 2017-18 academic year
- Projects that have a maximum award of £250
- Ideas which demonstrate innovation and imagination
What we don’t fund:
- Applications from non-Bangor University students
- Applications for to support a project already in development
- Applications which require the purchase of land or buildings
- Street scene improvements – roads, car parks, street trees
- Renewable energy projects to access feed in tariffs – solar panels
- Applications which incorporate any wage to a person
- Projects or events at allotments, graveyards or crematoria areas