Access to University Grant Criteria
Undeb Bangor and the Widening Access Centre are awarding the Access to University Fund grant (of up to £1500) in support of Bangor University students who submit a project idea aimed at initiatives which increases participation in higher education from groups and communities in Wales (in particular those from ‘Communities First’ areas) where participation is low, by creating a wide range of study opportunities and learning pathways to higher education.
The Access to University Fund will be open from Wednesday 16th March 2018 and close on Wednesday 11th April 2018 at 12:00 pm. If you have an idea which meets the criteria (see below), please complete the application form here.
All applications will be reviewed by the Acess to Uni Panel on the week of Monday the 16th April.
What we fund:
- Applications from Bangor University students
- participation at HE level for groups in Communities First areas and the lower quintile areas of the region
- involvement of learners with protected characteristics (as defined in the Equality Act 2010)
- activities involving refugees and asylum seekers
- ways of raising the education and vocational aspirations of children and the parents, carers, families and
- aspiration raising activities for young people and adults not yet at the point of transition to HE
- Participation in the workplace and workforce learning, employability and skills (including vocational learning and skills-focused opportunities, Foundation Degree developments, HE in FE, bite-sized chunks of learning.
- progression opportunities for learners wishing to study through the medium of Welsh
- collaboration with Further Education (FE) and other stakeholders to improve FE to HE progression routes and information, advice and guidance on HE related issues
- activities that support the education and skills of looked after children, care leavers and their carers
- activities that encourage progression to STEM priority subjects
- activities that work towards and promote the Skills, STEM, and employer engagement agenda
- Projects or events that will commence in the 2017-18 or 2018/19 academic year
- Projects that have a maximum award of £1500
- Ideas which demonstrate innovation and imagination
What we don’t fund:
- Applications from non-Bangor University students
- Applications for to support a project already in development
- Applications which require the purchase of land or buildings
- Applications which incorporate any wage to a person
- Applications of a political nature